Monday, June 30, 2008

Me & My Girl Friends

If I were Rapunzel

One of my favorite traditions is hanging out with my mom, sisters, and grandma for the annual quilt shop hop. We jump in a car together early in the morning and drive as far as Tooele and hit around 15 quilt shops all the way down to Springville. We were stamped at every store, so we got to enter for a sewing machine. I would love to win, but of course the chances are way too slim.

People always ask me why we go do this every year. When we describe it, it sounds really boring. I love going to the shops and getting ideas for crafts and quilts, and I usually indulge. The main reason we go is because we love hanging out with each other, even crammed in a car for a whole day. Mainly Sam, Heather, and I "annoy" each other in the back which makes us laugh like crazy women. We can usually get my mom and grandma laughing too, and when they get into a fit of giggles, it only makes us laugh even harder. I got quite a good ab workout this time.

This year we very unexpectedly ran out of gas. The gas meter didn't warn us very well and my mom was lucky to exit off the freeway right before it ran out. Sam and my pregnant self had to get out and push, which was probably very entertaining to the cars around us.

Sam and Mom saving the day.


This experience only made the trip more fun. It's cool to think that if I was ever in a big catastrophe with members of my family, we could all lift and cheer each other up.

My mom




Grandma Bonnie

The theme this year was fairy tales, so each shop made it's store follow a certain fairy tale. This one was Rapunzel, of course.


Heather




Sam


I never thought I would ever want to learn how to knit, but at one of the stores they had a very adorable display of knitted baby booties and I fell in love immediately. I am currently learning and it's very addicting, actually.



I love hanging out with the girls and I hope we will things like this for the rest of our lives. Family really is the best.

3 comments:

Stephen Gashler said...

I think family's dumb.

LJ said...

I agree that knitting is completely addicting. I used to knit walking up the hill to campus every morning, that's how much I couldn't put it down.

Unknown said...

Steve! You always have to play devil's advocate don't you. Well, the devil has enough advocates.

Teresa, what a cute post and fun time. Family's are the best. Especially sisters. Love them. My aunt loves to knitt; she makes baby hats and sends them to Africa with some non-profit orginization.

Fun! Fun! Fun!